Today I wanted to share a really inspiring initiative which is taking place in Melbourne and one that you can get involved with too. Non-profit organisation, St Kilda Mums is running a #onemothertoanother campaign which is all about spreading the love this Mother’s Day and letting another Mother know you’re thinking of them. These Mum’s might be living in a refuge, their house might have burnt down or they may even be homeless. A small act of kindness can go a long way and we can all help get behind this great campaign by a quick visit to the chemist to buy some goodies.
It’s really easy to help. Just follow these 5 simple steps:
1. Make up a gift bag of new women’s toiletries. Choose a nice toiletry bag and fill it with everything you would need if you had nothing.
2. Include a little note to another Mother to let her know you care.
3. Take a photo of your gift pack and post it on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #onemothertoanother
4. Pack it in a small bag or box and include your name your name and address so we can send you a thank you note
5. Post it to St Kilda Mums, 5 Vale St, St Kilda VIC 3182
Below is my little collection of goodies which I hope will brighten the day of another Mother.
For more information you can visit the FAQ
Image source: The Eye Spy Milk Bar